Frequently asked questions
As a distributor, it’s your job to get our sample boxes into as many workplaces as possible. Then, each fortnight, deliver orders from the last two weeks and put a new box on display.
That means you’ll be required to regularly visit a number of workplaces in an exclusive geographical area. You’ll leave a sample box in an agreed spot (e.g. the reception desk or lunch-room), and fill the box with sample products and relevant order forms. Two weeks later, you’ll return and fill any orders, collect payment, and replenish the sample box with a new selection of products.
You must have your own vehicle and a safe, dry area to keep stock of our books and related products.
- Easy-to-sell quality products
- A proven sales model
- No ongoing royalty or marketing fees
- Strong financial returns
- Affordable investment
- Stock on consignment
- Exceptional business support
- Study us! Read our Information Packet.
- Submit your details online via “Apply Now”.
- Initial phone discussion. We will contact you, generally within 72 hours.
- Interview. We want to learn more about you and you to learn about us.
- On the road. Assuming you’re the right fit a discovery day is scheduled with a local distributor. You’ll tour existing client workplaces and get an overview of operational procedures.
- Checks and balances. We will review all of your credentials.
- Approval. Once your application has final approval, the franchising procedures start. Confirming finance, agreeing on franchise territory, issuing of disclosure and franchise agreements, scheduling settlement, and so on.
- Training. You then take part in the training program, where you’ll learn all about working with your current workplaces, winning new clients, managing clients, product drops, stock control and territory reports
- It’s official… You’re a Books & Gifts Direct Franchisee!
- Ongoing training and support. Our Support Staff are always here to help you improve the performance of your business.